The title fooled you, didn't it. You were probably expecting rules for cigar smoking as dictated by the "cigar police". Instead, here are a few tips to make the best of your cigar smoking experience.
DON'T do ANY of the following....
1. Stub Out Your Cigar. Let the cigar go out by itself instead of smashing the lit end into the ashtray. This way you have a clean end to pick up where you left off.
2. Cut Your Cigar In Half. Dividing your cigar to reduce your smoking time or for the intent of sharing with someone else is not the best idea. The tobacco in one end of the cigar is different than the tobacco in the other end.
3. Cut Off Too Much Cigar. The wrapper leaf may fall right off the binder if you cut too far down on the cigar. Nip the end and be satisfied. After cutting the end, it also helps lighting and the draw if you poke a thin wooden stick 1" down into the end of the cigar.
4. Inhale Your Cigar. Don't inhale. There is no reason to do so. Taste-buds are in your tongue, not your lungs.
5. Over-puffing. If you Puff too often, it can lead to overheating. Overheating will lead to bitterness.
6. Light With anything other than butane. Dirty fuel from other sources will affect the taste of your tobacco.
7. Put A Half-smoked Cigar In Your Humidor, unless you would like all of your cigars to smell charred and ashy.
8. Use A Cigar Box As A Humidor. A cigar box is just a means of transportation for cigars, not a means of keeping your cigars fresh. Invest in a good humidor and put all of your cigars inside, even if a new box was factory sealed.
9. Store Cigars In A Refrigerator. Keep your cigars away from your carrots. Your refrigerator is a dry environment meant to keep things cool, not humid.
10. Tell Someone How To Smoke Their Cigar. Don't be the cigar police. There are enough rules in life. Let people smoke the way they want to!
Adapted from multiple sites including Cigar Aficionado 4/2017.
Gil's Wholesale Distributors
322 W Oak Lane Glenolden PA 19036
Gil’s Wholesale Distributors is a family owned Pennsylvania based full service distributor with over 40 years of providing personalized service & product expertise for wholesale tobacco, cigars, cigarettes & tobacco related products, ice cream, Italian Ice & Gelato manufacturing supplies, convenience store supplies, paper & plastic items, candy, concession, automotive and janitorial products.
Located 10 minutes from the Philadelphia International Airport, our delivery area is PA, NJ, and DE and we ship throughout the U.S. and abroad by common carrier, as well as offer convenient Pick Up services at our customer-friendly showroom.
One Stop Shopping. Free parking. Convenient delivery.
Call us today!